Wednesday 10 August 2011

Homemade Signage

It's been a bit quiet on the Halloween front, not that I haven't been actively scouring eBay for bargains. I'm just in that part of the month that equals stretching the pennies, so I can't be buying much right now.


Instead, I'm seeing what I can make!


For the outside of the house, I want to have a Platform 9 3/4 sign on the bushes at the front of the path leading to the house, with train tracks drawn in chalk up to the door. Originally I was planning to buy a canvas and paint a sign, in the style I've seen people using on sites like Etsy and which look awesome. But then I thought - people are going to spend about two seconds looking at this, that money could be better spent elsewhere.


So yesterday, using Paint of all things, I did this:





I'm ridiculously proud of it, even if the bottom bar is slightly bigger than the rest. The plan is to print it out and fix it a stiff piece of cardboard. Then I can hang it outside!


My only worry is that if it rains, it might run. It's only printer ink so I'm not sure how it'll hold up against the elements. On the other hand, since it's costing pretty much nothing to make, I might print off a spare and put it up beforehand to see how it does.


No comments:

Post a Comment