Sunday 28 August 2011

I Love Charity Shops

We did one of my favourite things ever yesterday.

We went to Age UK.

I love charity shops, but none more than the Age UK furniture store in Kiln Farm, mainly because it's a whole warehouse full of second hand goods instead of just a small shop on a high street. I went for one specific thing, which I didn't get (a portable CD player) but I came away with some great other things I hadn't expected!

1. Two huge suitcases. As I mentioned before, outside I want a little display of luggage trolley with cases and an owl perched on top. They had two lovely brown suitcases, exactly what I wanted - only £4 each. I nearly died.

2. A ton of potions flasks. I gave up on having test tubes as bit fiddly and decided to go for potions bottles with shot glasses. We got some great ones, a lovely glass decanter, four small tulip-shaped ones and a couple of long tall ones. They look amazing, and were all £1 or £2 each.

3. A brass chalice. I want to do a display of horcruxes and this'll do for Helga Hufflepuff's cup, though it doesn't have handles.

4. And finally, a long rope of fabric leaves - a glittery gold. They're more Christmassy than anything I guess! But they were just so beautiful, I had to get them. They were only a £1.


So I'm pretty happy. I got far more than I thought I would, and to top things off in the post my flickering LED candles arrived, so we also bought some batteries and fishing wire. Once I have a trial run of what they're going to look like, I'll post a pic. I'm expecting it to be one of the more awesome parts of the whole thing.

Now I need to focus on getting a forbidden forest for upstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment