Monday 22 August 2011

Cloaks & Outdoor Fun

Our cloaks turned up!

Well. To be truthful, mine is a cloak and Tel's are more like robes, since his has giant bat-like sleeves (very snape-ish) and mine is just a black column that ties at the neck. But they both look amazing, really cool. I haven't got pictures yet because.... I want to wait till we're properly decked out to put them up, but it was worth getting them!

Bit of a costume breakdown:

Hermione (me) - Cloak £9, Socks £3, Pinafore £3, Tie £4.
Plus I already had a wand from years back! So total - £19

Snape (Tel) - Robes £20.
We're going to dye his hair black, which'll be about a fiver, he's wearing his own black clothes under the robes and I'm bidding on a wand on ebay so I don't know how much that'll be yet. If it goes too high though, I might see if I can just make one for him. There are a metric ton of guides on how to do so online after all.


On to the outdoors segment of this post. I finally worked out what I want to have outside in the front garden - I was originally thinking Quidditch posts but it's not like they'll get used, and I'd like to have something more in tune with the 'platform 9 3/4' look I'm aiming for. So I'm going up in the loft soon to dig out Tel's luggage trolley from his old van driving job, and then I'm going charity-shop hunting for some battered suitcases and an owl cage!

I'm also looking for ways to get some music playing at the start of the path to the house. It's not a long walk but I think it'd be very atmospheric to have Hedwig's Theme playing on a loop so when people get near the house, they can hear it before they actually get inside.

Not sure where to start on that though - I need something that can survive being without mains power and isn't going to be a big loss if it gets nicked.


No comments:

Post a Comment