Saturday 23 July 2011

The Long Awaited Update!


I know, I know. I did an update about some aspects of the 2010 party, and then vanished into thin air. I didn't intend to, but once Halloween is over I tend to lose interest briefly, because Christmas is then only 2 months away and dammit, I always decorate on the 1st of December.

I have some really awesome, amazing plans for this year's Halloween. I'm starting a lot earlier, because I therefore have far more time to save, spend and squirrel away bits and pieces. To give you a clue as to my plans, this year will be called 'A Hogwarts Halloween'.

But before I get into that, I'm going to make this post an update on last year! Reading the posts I actually did last year reminded me how helpful it is to see what you should have done differently - I'd forgotten that two bags of leaves wasn't enough, for example. So documenting what I can remember will hopefully bring back some memories and make planning this year easier.

I'm lying, of course. Planning this year is already taking over my life.

Tempt Your Fate - A Review

This game went down a storm. I was worried no one would play, but everyone had a go, and the only problem was that I'd made far too many fates and no one got one of the treats, so we had to do a random draw for them at the end of the night!

First up is Jenny selecting a Fate!


This is a slightly blurry shot of the Fate she selected. In case you can't read it, it says:

"You've really pissed off the Fates! Redeem yourself! Do a shot from your choice of the Spooky Spirits!"



And she selected the green Spirits! There was also a choice of a red Spirit but green was more popular overall. Among the other Fates, there were instructions telling you to eat a Beastly Body Part (a gummy body part covered in syrup, that is) or to do a shot of Awful Antidote (dark rum - it was bloody awful, I can attest to that!) and there were a couple of Fates that told people to hug a stranger, or kiss one, etc etc.

I definitely think this game helped encourage people to both loosen up and drink throughout the night. I'm not doing it again this year but I've got other plans for drinking games to help keeps things ticking along.


Other Details

As I mentioned in a previous post, I seriously underestimated how much time it would take to set everything up, which meant when people started arriving I hadn't had time to take pictures of the little details. The best pictures are already in the post before this one.

Overall, the entire thing went really well! Everyone really enjoyed themselves, and as a result I'm really looking forward to this year's party. Hopefully some of the last year's guests might even be reading this and in case they are: here are some random photos from throughout the night. There's none of me because these are all from my camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment