Tuesday 26 July 2011

Games Galore!

One of the hardest,most worrying parts of throwing a party:

Is anyone going to enjoy themselves?

For my first proper party last year, I had Tempt Your Fate available for people to play. The object was mainly to induce drinking. Vast amounts of drinking. And it worked! So I'm trying to put together some games for this year on the basis that they get people talking, moving about, and hopefully cheerfully bungalowed.

So what have I got up my (non-wizarding) sleeve?


1. Shrunken Hardback Hunt

Neville was practicing his charms in the library when he accidentally shrunk the full set of Harry Potter books! Now the books are loose within Hogwarts - if you find one, return it to Hermione to win house points.


2. Snape's Potion Challenge

Professor Snape is very angry! Some thieving first years have been in his potions cupboard and torn of all the labels off his vials. Each student must work with their housemates to guess what substance each vial holds, and there's only one way to find out - by drinking them!


3. Hermione's Tricky Trivia

Think you know Harry Potter? Find Hermione and challenge her to pose you a question from her Cauldron Of Questions - get it right and you could win points for your house.


These games fit all my criteria - fairly cheap to set up, something people can do with others but also individually, and don't involve trying to get everyone together in one room at the same time! That's the part I dread when people suggest things to do - it'd be like herding cats. In a cheese and mice factory.

And all I need now is to buy the test tubes and shrunken books (I'm not actually going to try and shrink some real books. That'd be ridiculous).

No comments:

Post a Comment