Sunday 10 October 2010

The Price War

So I'm freshly showered and waiting for Tel to get dressed so we can walk to my parents, borrow the Kia and go off to Asda!

I'm looking forward to this because online sources have told me that they're selling foggers at reasonable prices. If there's one thing I really want, it's a fogger! Especially since I've been on eBay and seen them going for ridiculous prices.

That's one real problem I've come across. The Poundland in my shopping centre got their Halloween goods in before a lot of other places so I've already been in there and picked up a couple of bowls, some hanging skeletons (pictures to come soon!) and a couple of other little bits. A few days later I'm browsing eBay and what do you know, seeing the same goods I've already browsed in Poundland, being put up for twice or even three times their original cost. And the thing is, people bid on them because they haven't been to the stores and checked the prices out. I can understand why - you just assume eBay is a bargain.

I've been caught by it as well. I bought a sign on eBay that is made of a slate material and says 'graveyard - one way in, no way out'. I think it's awesome, no doubt, but it cost me £3.20 with p&p on top. A couple of weeks later when Tesco got their stock in, I went to have a look around with my sister and found a perfectly decent mock-wood sign that says cemetery on it. For just £1. Truth be told, although I really like the slate one, I also would have been perfectly happy with the fake wood one.

So I bought the wood one anyway. You know, because it's good to have choices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment