Wednesday 24 July 2013

Toga'Ween 2013

Our theme for 2013 is - Toga Party!

Okay, I know - me and most of my friends are closer to 30 than 20 these days. Isn't a toga party kind of a college thing, not an adult thing?

Maybe! But I'm convinced we can have a grown-up party, and still have a lot of fun with costumes and booze :) which are the essential ingredients of any Halloween party.

So far, I have the following plans: 

  • The decorations will be minimal in terms of fussiness. 
  • Lots of cream and white, with gold and green accents. 
  • Hanging ivy, plastic grapes and gold masks for doorways.
  • Plastic roman shields to hang on various picture hooks.
  • Finger foods like chicken drumsticks, grapes and bread.
  • Lots of wine available! Possibly watered? Apparently Romans did that.
  • Toga costumes for me and Terry of course.
  • Make the bathroom into a Roman baths with skeleton in the bath.
  • Turn one of the bedrooms into an astronomy room.
  • Turn the other bedroom into a shrine for the Gods.

I'm also thinking of making wreaths for people to wear in their hair when they arrive, but they might do that for themselves.

And of course, I want to do games! I think having activities makes a party even more interesting, and gives people something to aside from get totally hammered. I'm not 100% what I'll be doing yet though, so I need to go have a look at other party games and see what can be adapted!


No comments:

Post a Comment